May 18 /08
Pinch me, doggies, I think I'm dreaming!! We are actually ready to start the International Goody Exchange. At last, all the details have been worked out and Beasley and I snitched them and we're about to get this show on the road. Are you ready?
This is the plan:
- Post a comment to Beasley or me to let us know you want to participate. Your post has to be in by Saturday, May 24th.
- Beasley's human will then draw the names from a hat, unless Beasley eats it first, and then she'll randomly pair each of you up. Beasleyboy, eat the hat if you want, but whatever you do, don't eat the names! Then on Sunday, the 25th, we'll post all your names on our blogs alongside the names of the ones you're exchanging goodies with.
- Are you still with me? Ok. Just asking 'cause I'm not sure I'm still with myself! So anyway, then, it's up to you to get in touch with your partner through a comment or email to exchange addresses and whatever else you need to know ... like what your gemstone is for your new Chanel collar, or what colour you want your hand-beaded Indian silk bandana to be. HAW HAW! Hawww...
- Ok, then, send the human out to Walmart or wherever to do some serious goody shopping and don't let her back in the house unless she's got an armload of stuff. Any amount will do but we're kind of recommending that the gifts cost about $l5 .
- Then, make sure the package is mailed so that your partner gets it during the week of June 9.
- AND THEN when the postman arrives with your package, don't bark at him, don't bite him and don't pee on his feet til after he's delivered it, if that's what you're into ... then rip open your package and dive in and have zillions of fun.
If any of you live in a multi-pet home, you can sign up as a family, and mail just one package from all of you.
To avoid costly shipping charges and delays in the mail, we will do our best to pair up those living overseas, Mexico, etc.
Be sure to post lots and lots of pictures and videos so we can all see you skipping and jumping around and sniffing it all up and tearing at your new presents.
In the meantime, keep putting the word out about the Exchange and maybe post a little reminder on your blog, ok doggies? This is going to be the biggest feel-good event ever and I can hardly wait, can you?
n n n
With all the excitement about the Exchange, I did manage to get a show in this weekend and I also found a big stick.
I'm in the middle of a three-day show and today I won a Best of Opposite Sex ribbon, which means ... oh never mind. Put it this way: I could have done better but I was way too frisky. Even Darling Emily couldn't calm me down. I think it's because I just couldn't concentrate on account of my mind is all dizzy with the Exchange. I tried to be elegant, but all I could think about in the ring was tearing open my goody package and eating all my new stuff up!
I had my cock-eyed face in the ring.
Later on, I went for a walk and found this huge stick - the biggest stick I ever dragged home. I made very quick work of it and now it looks like a pencil.
Then I started to eat my ribbon but I suddenly smelled hamburger patties cooking downstairs, so I changed my mind... I'm on the upstairs landing just outside the room where Mama keeps her computer. I'm guarding the room so no one comes and steals the Goody Exchange list.
Did you notice how shiny I am? And how white my vest and my socks are? Yup, I had a stinky bath on Friday... Bleh.