Is my cousin on drugs??

November 16 /09

Listen up, friends. I think I'm in the midst of a family crisis and I need your advice: I have a cousin named Diva and I think she's on drugs. Really. She's a sweetie but I think she could have a problem.

I bumped into her at a show last weekend and it looked to me like she was higher than a kite. I don't know what the heck she's on but it's turned her into freakin' maniac.

At first I thought she was just being annoying but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that she's on something preeeet-ty powerful.

She didn't sit still for one minute. She was jumping and spinning around and kind of all twitchy. The only time I saw her stay still was when she was on the grooming table, which is a good thing because she was noosed and if she'd have jumped she'd have hung herself. Oh, and she was pretty calm in the ring too, but that's probably because she was eyeing the liver. Which isn't to say that otherwise, she wasn't totally on another planet.

After the competition, she just kept following me around and jumping and flipping and twisting all over the place saying, "I'm so happy! I'm so happy!" She was hopping around so much I went cross-eyed watching her. Well - I don't know of too many things which are legal that could make a dog act like that, do you?

And where's she getting this stuff, is what I'd like to know. If I find out who her dealer is, he's going to have um .... Diva's Papa to answer to.

Anyway, there's no point in sweeping this under the rug like some kind of shameful scandal. It happens in the best of families. It just so happens that it's my family and I think I should be responsible and do the right thing by my little cousin. Which is ... I don't have a clue....

I'm thinking maybe we should do an intervention and haul the poor girl into rehab.

Anyway, watch this and you'll see what I mean:

........Is this girl on drugs or what??

Notice that she had the munchies? Hmmmm?

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you have another explanation for Diva's strange behavior, I'd sure like to hear about it.

On another note, I won Best of Breed in the Sunday competition, finally beating out Canada's top Boxer from Manitoba. I've been trying to whip his butt all summer and I finally did it. Heh!

But the best part of the weekend was that I got to meet a very, very special friend for the first time. He's a real sweet guy and we got along very well.. Most of you know him but I want to make it a suprise when I post about him next time. So until then ...

Have a great week and don't forget to keep praying for Snickers.

19 comments:

Dexter said...

Well, of course you beat that Chef wanna be. Great job in the ring for sure.

Now, about that little gal. Obviously she is just crazy over YOU! Give the poor thing a break.

Slobbers,
Mango

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Best of Breed! Congrats Chef!
You sure are the best of all!
Stay cool Chef, Diva just shows her excitement when she sees you, is she on drug? NO!

Lina, Alih and James said...

CONGRATULATIONS to your BOB, Chef! Not that we are surprised considering you are an extremely handsome man!

I should have shown James yesterday (Sunday) but I have been really sick for a while now, so we had to cancel. It was a great disappointment but there will be more opportunities to win big. ;)

I have to be honest Chef... your cousin is adorable and crazy funny. I don't believe that you found her as annoying as you say; to me it looked like you enjoyed her attention. ;) :)

Stinkin' kisses from Sweden

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Hi Chef,

Congratulations on your Best of Breed win, that is pawsome! My mom says that your cousin Diva reminds her of me....hmmmmmm

Maggie Mae

Dewey Dewster said...

Chef......I tell ya that yer cousin is pretty hyper but it could be that she's sweet on ya....I mean...she was tryin' ta impress ya with all 'er energy and tell ya that she really...really....loves ya...I think.....enjoy it !!!!

Oh and congrats on winnin' Best in Breed.....ya deserve it !!!!

Dewey Dewster here....

Jans Funny Farm said...

Jan says she could use some of that energy to keep up with us. So if you find out what your cousin was on ....

We're hopeful for Snickers!

Congrats on your win. Can't wait to find out who you met.

Unknown said...

Yes, Chef - she's on drugs and that drug is YOU!!! It's really obvious that she is mad about you - gosh, look at all that flirting going on! I just love her cute little back-flip/spin thing she does - hee! Hee! Poor gal - you playing it all cool and hard-to-get...you were driving her crazy! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. Congrats on the major win!!!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Chef!
Congratulations! We all know you are the Best!
Diva... Diva... I don't think she is on drugs. She is happy, she is happy!
I loved the video!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

Congrats buddy! As for Diva, I have no idea but how in the world does she SPIN like that?! amazing!

Kasha said...

WOw! I can't wait to see who it is! COngrats on your win! I am not surprised at all! As far as your lady friend goes, I think she has the hots for you! Keep up the good work!
Kasha and Africa

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It looks like I snukhk into the video!

She's khwite the fun one!

She does BoxerKungFu like I do SiberianKungFu!

Khongrats on showing the Shmanitoba boxer who da boss is!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

congratulations on your BOB and beating your nemesis! Mom's first thought(unless she's a crazy puppy) is that she is soon coming in heat?????? Lotsa play flirting!
We have missed you. Come see our new pup. (until a couple of weeks ago, well, we just...well, you know after Mom died in March, it took the starch out of our sails, and then there had been some other things. But we are doing our best to catch up with our buds. Mom has been soo busy...especially now that she is trying to civilize the pup!)
Come by and take a look at him and weigh in on a name for the poor dude!
You are as handsome as ever buddy
Hugs
Sunny

Hero said...

Way to go, Chef! Congrats on your big win! You weren't kidding about your cousin. That video does a great job of showing just how crazy she is.

Moco said...

Congrats on your win. That Diva is just hyped up and excited about seeing you.

Homer said...

Congrats Chef! What can we say, you are one good looking stud!

BTW, are you taking part in this year's DWB Christmas cards exchange? We had one last year and it was a BLAST!

Love,
Homer

Deefor said...

Best Boxer in Canada!! That's pretty good! Maybe your friend thinks she's a terrier.

Rambo said...

Chefster,
that girl is definitely on something! Maybe you should do an intervention! She won't like it, but you know the story!
Congrats on you win. You are a champion!
love,
Rambo

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations, Chef! What an awesome win!
We think that little girl has the hots for you BIGTIME!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Emma and Emmy said...

We concur, she is poison by your beauty. LOL!!!!