Sticks and bones!

April 25 /10


Today was a great day and I'm about to tuck myself in for the night a very happy dog.

First, Mama and I went for a long walk. There's a big, beautiful park near my house that doesn't allow dogs. Grrrr. Anyway, sometimes we go there when no one's around, but this being Sunday the park was pretty crowded. So we walked around the outside of it and ventured inside only where there were no people... I didn't mind though. It was a warm, sunny day and I was just happy to be outside. My nubbin - that's what Mama calls my tail - was wagging the whole time!

This is Parc Pierre Elliot Trudeau just down the street from our house. It's got a man-made lake with ducks in the summer and chalets, walking paths, a picnic area, two baseball diamonds and more ... it's huge and beautiful.


One day I'm going to tell you about the secret place Mama found at the park where I can run off-leash and be safe... and where no one can see us!

Here are some pictures of our walk today.

I went stick hunting, of course!


I watched a baseball game - oooo I wanted that ball so bad!

Then I remembered Mama had my ball in her pocket.

So I chomped on it for a while.

Then I saw lots of strange holes like this one.
Mama said they were gopher holes.
I never met a gopher, so ...

I wondered if he was home.

But Mama yanked me away because she thinks gophers bite. I bet I came thisclose to having my nose boinked!

I finally settled down for a good chew.


Later on we had a BBQ ... those are girlie steaks and man steaks!

..
And I had the MAN-steak bones!!

Mama said she's going to take me to our secret place in the park soon so I'll be able to show you where I play in my own private playground.

Papa update:
Papa had his second surgery a couple of weeks ago and the doctor took some more of his lymph nodes out for testing. We don't have the results yet but in the meantime, Papa has gone back to work and is feeling pretty good, except for a little pain from the operation. We will keep you posted. And thanks to all of you who have been asking about him on Facebook and in emails. It's so nice to know that you are thinking of us.

I apologize for not visiting your blogs for a long time. Geez, I haven't even visited my own for I don't know how long. But I'm thinking of all of you with love and will visit you soon. xo

17 comments:

Abby said...

Hi, Chef...

Looks like you & your Mom had a great walk & the BBQ looks amazing...

I bet there are alot of sticks in that park...

Glad your Papa is feeling better...

Abby xxxooo

Ashley said...

Wow, now that's a good day!

Niamh said...

We are glad that your papa is feeling better. Nothing better than a nice long walk, finding sticks and then some chewing of steak bones. Sounds like a great day to us!

Your friends,
Niamh & Ambrose

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh how I wish I khould have been there!

That looked like LOTS of fun!

Thanks fur the pupdate on your papa!

I've got my paws khrossed and Sibe Vibes being sent North!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Asta said...

Chef
It's so gweat to see you!!!!!! and that lovely pawk..how mean that they don't let you in, but so glad to heaw you have youw own secwet one!
Those stickies look pwetty cool and then a BBQ! FANTASTIC!!! 'i can see that you awe enjoying those mansized steak bones, yummmmm!!!
We awe thinking of youw Dad all the time and pwaying that he will be pawfectly well .
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so glad your papa is feeling better, Chef!
Your BBQ sure looks yummy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lorenza said...

Hi, Chef!
Sure you had a pawesome time with your mom and the bbq... yummy!
Glad to know your Dad is doing well.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Eric said...

How mean not to let you in the park Chef but cool that you have your secret place. Hope you can hide your own stick pile there too!

Paws are still crossed for your Dad. Wiry love Eric xx

Dexter said...

Good to see you and hear the promising update on papa. Back to work? That should at least give him busy brain to think less about his sickies.

Yuh, you were right not to chase the gopher. Bad biting rodent thing.

Slobbers,
Mango

the booker man said...

hihi chef!
wow, you really did have a totally awesome day!! you found some grrreat sticks and those manly steak bones looked way yummy yummers.
i just can't believe that park won't allow doggies. what is up with that?! :(
i'm super glad your daddy's surgery went well and that he's feelin' good enough to work. i hope the surgery pain goes away very very soon.
*woof*
the booker man

Trailboss said...

Wonderful pictures and story as usual. I have missed you so much. But I understand there is a lot going on in your family now. I am so happy to hear your Papa is doing well. Prayers said for an excellent result.

By the way, my newest pup Patty is a HUGE stick lover too. She is a reverse brindle. I wonder if that has anything to do with loving and collecting sticks!!!!

mayziegal said...

Okay, really...I must ask...what is the point of a park that doesn't let doggies in? That's CRAZY! I thoughts parks were made just to make us happy. I thinks it's good that you and your momma practice "civil disobedience" to protest that craziness. I can't wait to see your secret part of the park!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

mayziegal said...

Oh no, oh no! I also meant to tell you that I'm glad your Papa is feeling pretty good and I hopes they get those test results back soon. Where'd they haves to send them off to? Albukerkee?

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Jans Funny Farm said...

We had a time finding where to click for comments. It was just a white box showing.

We're glad your dad is doing better. Hope the results are good.

Deefor said...

Hi Chef
I hope your Papa is ok. It's terrible that they have a park you can't go into. Here we have to stay on the leash but we can go IN the park! Outrageous. Glad you found a secret place.

Deefor

Miss Kodee @ Bark'n About said...

If they don't allow dogs they are not really a park I woof! Love your head stuck way down the gopher hole!! Enjoyed your story.

Sames Blogs said...

BARK! Chef we have not been to your blog in a long time. But something guided us and we just read about your papa. Mommy said a prayer for him too. Hope the Dr is getting out all those icky's that could make your papa sick. Keep giving him lovins!
BARK! Sasha the princess