Brrr. It's cold


January 10/08

Hope you all had a good holiday. Here at my house, we rang in the year by just hunkering down and trying to stay warm. I noticed that my walks started to dwindle to a bear minimum and I wasn't too happy about that. But I guess when you only have two legs it's hard to keep your balance when everything is covered in ice and snow, 'specially with a 65-lb. Boxer pulling you along. I had no problem, thanks to my having four legs, so besides a few Bambi splits, I had a great time, doing all my favourite outdoor things, like ...


hunting for sticks ...



... mountain climbing ...



... walking and pondering life ...


And while everybody read or watched TV, I just kinda sprawled my leggy self wherever and slept.


See how cranky I look when I'm woken up from a nap ... like my cool doggie blanket?



...here I'm watching a little spider on the ceiling. How does he walk upsidedown like that? I don't think I should try that.



... I love to cozy up by the fire ...


... and do some serious chewing.







Daniel and I take a snoozy together.


He's my best buddy. He takes me so many places and we even watch hockey together in his room with his friends... I like being one of the guys.


During the storm, I also had to put up with Mama's penchant for brushing me. It's a good thing I'm a patient Boxer because she was starting to get on my nerves. She just brushed me over and over again, day after day. Since she got this battery-operated, pet massaging brush thingy, she just won't let go of it. It must be a girl-thing, fussing over a dog like that. Put a grooming tool in a bored woman's hand and she becomes a maniac! My coat is so shiny now I could glow in the dark... uh oh, I think she's at it again.











Anyway, another wierd thing about these cold winter days is that everybody outside is so layered up. When Mama takes me for walks lately, she is so bundled she looks like Kenny with glasses!
See the resemblance?











Bye for now.


2 comments:

Ferndoggle said...

Hey Chef! I LOVE laying by the fire & watching hockey. Our Mom looks like the stay puffed marshmallow man when she takes us for walkies. It's been really warm here lately though.

Thanks for stoping by for a visit!

Penny

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

Golly Chef you look so handsome alert in the snow. our favorite picture but then again you always take good pics. Looks like you had fun bring in the new year but it looks kinda cold burrrrr

Kove Licks & waggin TX tails